Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pocket Diving: NXNE Day 1

For NXNE, I decided to stick my nose into people's pockets... figuratively, of course.


-- reposted from Static --
My NXNE Wednesday started with pushing against elderly theatre-goers while lugging a pile of books on Albert Camus on King W on my way to the Hyatt to pick up my badge. (The Camus books were borrowed from the library for an essay I am working on for class, and not some over-the-top way of accessorizing. Though lugging it with me all night reminded me of that episode of Daria where her sister Quinn asks her what goes with the existentialist because she wanted to coordinate her outfits.)
After badges were picked up, I squeezed in some time to work on my essay before heading to the Static launch. (The essay is due Monday, and it is not going to write itself! I also have a presentation to prepare for, but NXNE is already draining me up inside already. We shall see if this spiralling will lead to madness later. Will keep you posted.)
Anyway, academic stuff aside, I’ve decided to photograph the contents of people’s pockets throughout NXNE, and here’s what people have shown me:


At the Static launch at Of A Kind…
Melody, Static Zine: earplugs and a phone



Aviva, Static Zine: anxious hands and crumpled transit tickets/transfers



Wini, Singing Lamb: 2 lip balms, phone, keys, and a reusable bag


[BAG EDITION]



David: Because, why wouldn’t you carry around your friend’s graduation photo?! –and sundries



Rochelle: essentials


[back to pockets...]

Felizia: a hair tie!



Brandon: the usual phone, keys, wallet trifecta + ipod, gum, loose change, a pull tab, and a map



Brian: cards stored in a tin cardholder!



Alex, Braves: smoothie bar business card


At the Meligrove after-party...

Travis, The Elwins: a copy of Static and a rock



Heather: a candy wrapper



Katie: vintage earrings and a Werthers Original!



Matthew, The Elwins: loose change, a lip balm and a card

No comments:

Post a Comment