Monday, June 18, 2012

Pocket Diving: NXNE Day 3

-- reposted from Static --


Day 3 of NXNE slackened a bit for me. By the time I finished work and was ready to show-hop again, there were very little options for daytime events. Either they had already finished or were just about to. (My luck with day shows hasn’t been so great, so far.)
Naturally, a Redbull was downed. The Friday line-up at Lee’s won me over when I was planning my schedule, so I planted myself there all night. Too bad Aviva and I missed 2:54. Oh, well. Life goes on. Arrived just in time for DIIV’s set.


I didn’t get to bug very many people for pocket investigations, sadly. So this will be a short (but a good) one:

Yahlehly, Static Zine: hair tie, lipstick, melted lolly that was actually stuck to the fabric of her pocket (we struggled in the girls’ washroom to pull it out and failed quite miserably; I’m sure we raised some awkwardness in the air for the people around us, but whatevz), ticket stubs/receipts, transit pass, and a necklace



Brad Oberhofer: random papers, one of which included the name of a girl from a deli he ate earlier that day (he invited her to the show; she gave him free coffee — win-win), some change (Brad collects lucky pennies from everywhere), and krazy glue to protect his fingers while playing ze guitar

No comments:

Post a Comment