Monday, August 13, 2012

summer ghosting

I've never really been much of a fan of summer. Every time I have to go out in the sun, it has always been greeted with dread. So much dread.
In fact, the only time I really enjoy going out is when there's a torrential downpour.

Slightly lower temperatures allow for layering, and the rain usually calls for welly-wearing -- which is always a plus in my book!

However, I figured complaining about the heat (which is all I do, apparently) is no fun. "Summer", and therefore the freedom it brings, is almost at an end, and I realize, I haven't really done much summer frolicking!

So one day, Myra and I decided to finally embrace this damned season, put on swimsuits and head to the island. But of course, it poured that day, so we scavenged the St Lawrence market for statement accessories and communist paraphernalia instead.
summer ghosting
When it cleared up later that day, we basked in the usually dreaded sun at the manmade beach down at Harbourfront, where the above instant photos were taken. The camera's default setting had the tendency to make me look like a ghost -- a summer ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment