Sunday, July 8, 2012

This past Friday, I ended up at the Danforth Music Hall for Purity Ring and Dirty Projectors.
Purity Ring is what I fancy Tom Lowery and I would be like if we were to pursue forming a [real] band -- weird and dream-like (complete with grotesque, anatomical lyricism with a cutesy spin -- haha, what?):

Seeing Dirty Projectors live made me all nostalgic and sad-like (but not really, Melody and I were actually quite giggly but that's a whole other story). Nostalgia did hit me inside, though; it "cut open my sternum and pull(ed) my little ribs around," kinda.


"Bitte Orca" oddly served as the go-to soundtrack for afternoon teas in Oxford. Very atypical, but things that don't usually seem right or proper end up being so apt sometimes. Life is funny that way.
CNV00024
This is how my Oxford kitchen looked like in the afternoons -- with Marie as a permanent staple. (I could lie and say the minimalist look was deliberate but you'd see right through it, anyway.)


Today happens to be Marie's birthday (whose back I've photographed too many a time), prompting the following nostalgia/mush-fueled photo-purge.
DSC04802
walking back to Worcester after the usual afternoon jaunt around Oxford (not without getting dinner at Jericho first, obviously)


DSC04352
Edinburgh

DSC04007
Rough Trade photo booth

DSC04214
Stratford-upon-Avon

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment